Graffity

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Railroad Graffiti Picture Derby Connecticut


I know there is graffiti all over the United States, especially in New York and Brooklyn along the subway route, but here's a cool graffiti pic for ya.

We sure were surprised when we went to our secret spot in to go fishing in Derby CT, and as we were walking along a path by some old railroad tracks, and found some graffiti that I would consider art under the railroad tracks.

The 1800's railroad tracks are above me in this picture.

I was so amazed, I couldn't help but take a pic of as much graffiti as I could, but this picture is the best one that turned out.

Click here to see a larger photo of Railroad Graffiti

Did you know that graffito is singular for graffiti? How old is this graffito? From the looks of the rest of the pictures I would guess from the early 1970's. To me it's like art, and appears to have taken a lot of thought in creating something like this, and because of where it's located, I wouldn't consider it vandalism, it's pretty well hid. How many people do you know that can draw graffito letters like this? Not me! See the old Shelton Railroad where we took the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment